Posted on Jul 27, 2017 by Priscilla Vitello
Program Assistant, Latino Community Foundation of Colorado
The Latino Community Foundation of Colorado (LCFC), an initiative of Rose Community Foundation, is seeking a talented nonprofit professional to provide administrative support to the LCFC and coordinate various events and projects.
The Program Assistant should be a role model for LCFC culture and stay abreast of philanthropic, economic, and social trends related to the Latino community of Colorado. The candidate must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Charged with providing administrative support for LCFC staff including the executive director, coordinating activities for LCFC initiatives, and serving as liaison to the LCFC Advisory Board, the Program Assistant will:.
- Perform administrative tasks including answering phone calls, maintaining schedules, planning and scheduling meetings, taking and writing meeting minutes, drafting official and confidential correspondence, making travel arrangements, preparing expense reports, and updating contact database information.
- Directly assist Executive Director with day-to-day business activities.
- Assist in planning on- and off-site meetings, events, conferences and seminars including scheduling, handling logistics, preparing and distributing materials, and assisting with on-site meeting set-up and clean-up for events.
- Facilitate communication and correspondence with LCFC’s Advisory Board members, take meeting minutes and prepare board meeting materials.
- Maintain digital files including collecting and organizing grantee proposals and reports.
- Assist with LCFC fundraising activities including supporting the Executive Director’s donor cultivation and solicitation efforts, and processing donor acknowledgement letters.
- Establish internal office systems to increase efficiencies.
- Conduct online research.
Education, Experience and Skills
We are seeking an Assistant with at least three years’ experience in a professional office setting and a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. The ideal candidate will have administrative experience working in the nonprofit, business or philanthropic sectors including work with the Latino community in Colorado. Bilingual and/or bicultural are a plus.
The Program Assistant will have a proven history of effective multitasking and time management with unparalleled attention to detail and organization skills. He or she must have successful experience working on multiple projects, working across the organization while delivering quality work on time – all while remaining nimble and responsive to evolving priorities and needs. The Assistant must have excellent communication skills.
The Program Assistant must be an expert user of technology including total comfort operating technology systems, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word), Adobe Acrobat, relational databases and constituent relationship management (CRM) systems.
The ideal candidate will have a positive, can-do attitude and a good sense of humor. Motivated and curious, he or she will be a life-long learner and excellent listener. The Assistant will have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders. A true team player and highly collaborative, he or she must be excited by the opportunity to work as part of a team as well as independently – fostering positive working relationships along the way. An affinity for nonprofit work including community-based relationship building is a must. Valuing excellence and reputation, the Assistant must be passionate about the Foundation’s mission, vision and values as well as who we are, what we do and where we’re going.
The Program Assistant reports to the Program Director of the Latino Community Foundation of Colorado. This position does not have administrative support.
Salary and Benefits
This full-time, non-exempt position’s salary will be $38,000-$40,000, commensurate with background and experience. Rose Community Foundation currently offers a competitive benefits package including employer-supported health, dental, vision and life insurance, short- and long-term disability coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan (including a matching program after one year of employment), paid time off including holidays, and a matching gift program. EOE
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position will remain open until filled. Interested candidates should email their cover letter and résumé to: Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “LCFC Program Assistant.” No phone calls please.